"Tears In Rain : Time To Die" : Blade Runner (Reposted from January after the original clip was deleted)
I’m feeling rather miffed that my son blogged this iconic speech first as I had planned to blog it myself later…but I’m going to blog it anyway as it is just utterly wonderful. Also I want to add to Chris’s copious annotation by mentioning that part of this was improvised by Rutger Hauer much to Harrison Ford’s confusion.
"that hallelujah morning"…
New single / video from Elbow…Real Life (Angel). My favourite track on “The Take Off And Landing Of Everything” and an wonderful video to go with it.
The Beatles : Abbey Road
Jimi Hendrix : Are You Experienced?
IQ : Frequency
Yes : Going For The One
Steven Wilson : The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories)
Donald Fagan : The Nighfly
Anathema : We’re Here Because We’re Here
Elbow : Build A Rocket Boys
Pink Floyd : Live At Pompeii
Peter Gabriel : So
Kate Bush : Hounds Of Love
Marillion : Marbles
Bubbling Under …
Steven Wilson : Grace For Drowning
Elbow : Leaders Of The Free World
Midlake : Courage Of Others
Midlake : Antiphon
The Doors : LA Woman
Steely Dan : Gaucho
My two year old grandson Ziev, catching up with the latest in the Kevin Pieterson saga in the ‘Independent On Sunday’!
Cool table top artwork @ The Porto Lounge, Fishponds, Bristol
Thanks to NPR Pop Culture Happy Hour for this link. Hilarious album, but this song is… dark.
From an extremely weird concept and this track in particular is deeply deeply disturbing.
Very good audience recording of Tangerine Dream @ O2 Shepherd’s Bush 23rd May 2014 playing ‘Betrayal’ from the soundtrack to the film ‘The Sorcerer’. An excellent night enjoyed by my son Chris and I and very much to her surprise, Chris’s fiancé Sophie. As can be seen there were film cameras there and I can’t wait for the DVD to be released as a souvenir of super evening.
ICONIC MOVIE STILLS from some of my favourite movies
Top to bottom/left to right …
1. Shadows / No Shadows
Last Year In Marienbad (Fr 1961)
2. "Open the pod bay doors HAL"
2001 : A Space Odyssey (GB/USA 1968 )
3. "Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"
Shawshank Redemption (USA 1994)
4. ” …he realized there was no escape out of time, and that moment he’d been granted to see as a child, and that had obsessed him forever after… was the moment of his own death.”
La Jetee (Fr 1962)
5. "…you’ve gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?
Dirty Harry (USA 1971)
6. "One man can change the world with a bullet in the right place."
If (GB 1968)
7. “I suppose he had a private sort of greatness, but he kept it to himself.”
Citizen Kane (USA 1941)
8. Mireille Darc and THAT dress.
The Tall Blond Man With One Black Shoe (Fr 1972)
9. "Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths."
Cloud Atlas (Ger 2012)
10. "…And our bodies are earth. And our thoughts are clay. And we sleep and eat with death.”
All Quiet On The Western Front (Ger 1930)
Mobile Lovers By Banksy (at Bristol Museum) : Typically astute observation … but is it art?